VTEM Banners
VTEM Banners
VTEM Banners
VTEM Banners
VTEM Banners
VTEM Banners
VTEM Banners

Eye & Lasik


EYE health & LASIK                                                                                     chinese


LASIK stands for laser in situ keratomileusis. LASIK surgery is the most popular form of laser eye surgery, in which an ophthalmic surgeon reshapes the cornea of the eye using an excimer laser. LASIK eye surgery reshapes the refractive properties of the cornea and thereby corrects or enhances eyesigh. Lasik can only be performed by a trained doctor and used to correct myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia and astigmatism.

 Lasik Procedure

This is a simple operation which lasts about 10 to 15 minutes for each eye. The eye would be cleaned and a lid speculum would be used to hold the eyes open. To create suction to the cornea, a ring will be placed in the eye and might cause a dim in vision. Pressure and discomfort may be felt as well.

A corneal flap is created using the IntraLase or the microkeratome. The doctor will first lift the flap, fold back and the dry the exposed tissue. You might experience fluctuating degree of blurred vision.

A laser will be placed on top of your eyes and you have to stare at the light so to fix your eye at the right position. Using a pre-programmed computer removes a particular amount of cornea tissue based on the measurements taken during your pre-LASIK evaluation, marked by a ticking sound. A slight burning scent may be smelled at this point. After which, the corneal flap is then put back into position. To protect your eye, a shield will be used to cover your eye and should remain there until the corneal flap has healed.

Benefits of LASIK

  • Gain independence and confidence
  • Feeling free and move around easily
  • Not restricted to contact lenses or glasses
  • Not having to worry about contamination by usage of contact lenses
  • People who can consider LASIK:
  • Sports enthusiasts
  • Mothers of young children
  • Frequent travellers

99% of the probability clients do not need to wear glasses anymore. There is about 1% of chance for under or over correct. The probability for relapse is less than 1%. Unless necessary, further lasik treatment can be applied to enhance the situation.

Type of Lasik procedures

  • Bladeless Surgery

FDA-approved FS laser for corneal flap creation. More precise, safer and customized compared to microkeratome blade cut flap.

  • Wavefront-guided

Customizes the patient’s basic refractive error and also gives better visual quality in day and night with lesser haloes and starbursts.

  • Visx

Offer precise, customized laser corrections through laser alignment, tissue saving and ensures accurate placement of the laser treatment

  • Epilask

Safer option for patients with thin corneas and superior to PRK or LASEK

5 easy steps to vision without glasses or contact lenses

Step 1: send in your enquiry and indicate your preferred time for appointment

Step 2: Attend the Initial Screening

Before any treatment, eye surgery will organise an extensive assessment of your eyes. This provides the data used to plan your surgery in detail.

Step 3: Prepare for treatment
Feeling nervous, anxious or excited before surgery is a completely natural, completely normal response. SGMedicaltour will organise a short-trip to Garden-by-the-Bay to make you feel relax and do not worry!!!


Just follow this checklist below, try to relax as much as you can, and if you have any questions please just ask the doctor — we know that no matter how trivial the question may seem, the answer is important to you.

  • Depending on your occupation, you may need to arrange to be away from work for up to four days following LASIK. Please speak to an optometrist regarding your individual case.
  • Do not wear perfume or cologne; they may contain alcohol, as can hair products such as hair spray or mousse.
  • Remove all eye makeup a minimum of 24 hours before surgery. Please ensure your face and eyes are free from all makeup on the day of surgery.
  • Wear comfortable clothing and avoid anything that may generate lint such as wool.
  • Arrange transport, SGmedicaltour will make all the arrangement transfer you between the clinic and your home/hotel
  • Avoid alcohol 24 hours before and 48 hours after your surgery, as this tends to dehydrate your eyes.
  • Arrange child-care if you have children or infants with you
  • Just before your procedure, we will ask you to sign your informed consent form and pay the balance of your treatment fee.
  • SGmedicaltour will work with you to arrange your follow-up aftercare appointments.

    Step 4: Have treatment
  • The duration of your visit will be approximately 2 hours after which you will be free to go home.
  • SGmedicaltour will arrange plenty of time for your journey to the surgery and ensure that you arrive in good time and be as relaxed as possible.

Step 5: Aftercare

  • Aftercare is as important as the procedure itself, and it is vital that to give the eyes time to recover. All the aftercare explained here is included in the fee.
  • Eye clinic will provide special sunglasses to protect your eyes after the operation. Other varieties do not provide adequate protection so it is important that to wear those provided.
  • SGmedicaltour will arrange for you to return to the clinic within 24 hours after surgery for the first mandatory aftercare appointment.
  • Following the first aftercare appointment, there are another few visits needed to complete the aftercare cycle.

Indicative Pricing

Price may varies according to medical complication


Treatment (Per Eye)




Microkeratome / VISX Custom LASIK


LASIK prices are inclusive of 2 Post-op Reviews , Medication Cost of $63.10 is not included


Microkeratome / VISX Wavefront LASIK



Bladeless(IntraLase) / VISX Custom LASIK



Bladeless(IntraLase) / VISX Wavefront LASIK (iLASIK)






LASIK retreatment




Email your personal profile and medical history to us at enquiry@sgmedicaltour and we will recommend a health screening package to meet your stage of health.





Click on surgery type

icon1 icon2 icon3 icon4
Dental Cosmetic Cardiac Ortho
icon5 icon6 icon7 icon8 icon9
Eye Ear Throat General Spine Urology
search for specialists
side banner 2

Travel Packages









Check-in date:
Check-out date:
Hotel City Search:
Part Of: logo  Member of nata www.sgmedicaltour.com © 2012. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions